Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My heart breaks because..

  Drugs. I've never experimented with them. Ever. Not even a cigarette, that I can remember, and I think that's pretty good considering my ENTIRE family has had their dealings with drugs in one way or another.
Recently it's been my parents & my sister.
 My Parents: 'Wrong place, wrong time' kind of deal, so they say. Caught with drugs, driving on suspended license, etc. Charges pending, court dates & fines.. You would think after 30 years of getting in trouble and doing drugs it would end. Growing up would commence and life would be different. That's not the case at all. They are MY parents and I DO love them. Since this last bit of trouble they seem to be on the 'straight and narrow' but we will see. I'm really trying to have faith in them. I say a prayer for them every night. I pray that God puts a hand on them. I pray that he touches them and helps them realize that one day it's going to be too late. One day they are both going to wake up and have NOTHING to show for their lives. Drugs and Alcohol - What a life. Deffinately NOT the life I live.
 My Sister: In a way I feel sorry for her. She's in love with a man who is no good. The only man she has ever loved, in my opinion. Ten years her senior, he thinks he can 'show her something'. 'Teach her things'. The ONLY thing he has shown her is how sorry some men can be to the mother of their children. In the past year she has gotten her one year old son, Stefen, taken away by the state of Mississippi. The first time he was just about 2 months old. The reason behind it.. Her boyfirend/babys father was messed up on drugs, made a big scene, fighting, arguing and put my nephew in danger. The second time was just a few weeks ago and this time.. It's REAL! Because of drugs my sister has to have visitations with her son ONCE a week, for just an hour! Rehab, Parenting classes. Psych evals. My heart hurts for her becuase I know she wants to do right. I think she is afraid to change. It's what she's known for so long.. our whole lives. On the other hand I don't feel that sorry for her. I grew up in the same house with the same family. And I have never had to go through any of this. I don't think I'm smarter.. or better than anyone. I've just made better decisions.
 Steven and I are fully prepared to take my nephew into our home if need be. I want to have him the more NORMAL and wonderful childhood. He's young now but what happenes when he starts to remember the things that are going on?! It's not good for him to be bounced around from place to place. Living with grandparents & Aunts/Uncles. His mother should raise him however, if she can't do so like she should Steven and I WILL STEP IN! She is without a doubt a GOOD MOTHER! I just wish she would get her priorities in order.

Sweet Boog. I love him to pieces

He loves his Mimi! He's so sweet with her.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment